Summer is a time for backyard barbeques, the most delicious treats, and lots of sunshine, so why not take advantage when planning a baby shower? We've rounded up our 9 favorite baby shower themes for summer, along with inspiration for décor, treats and more!
1. Fruit: A fruit theme shower makes for a fun, colorful party that is gender neutral. We’re loving all of the adorable fruit party wear and balloons that make it so easy to brighten up the party space! (Pizzazzerie)
2. Baby-Q: Do the parents-to-be want a co-ed shower that involves all of their friends? A Baby-Q is the way to go for an easy laid-back theme that is adorable and gender neutral. (Kate Aspen)
3. Ice Cream: What preggo mama doesn’t love ice cream?! Make everyone’s favorite treat the star of the show with an ice cream theme complete with make-your-own sundae bar. (Kara's Party Ideas)
4. Aloha: Treat your guests to an island escape with a tropical aloha baby shower. Decorate the space with pineapples, palm leaves, and coconuts for a complete baby luau experience. (Kara's Party Ideas)
5. Flamingo: We’re tickled pink at the idea of a flamingo baby shower for summer! Decorate the tables with our Flamingo Blossom Bouquets and you’ll have a centerpiece that’s adorable AND doubles as a gift for the mama-to-be. (Instagram @veryconfetti)
6. Nautical: Ahoy- there’s a baby on the way! A nautical baby shower is perfect for parents who love to spend their time on the sea. We love the idea of incorporating a nautical diaper cake onto the desert table as a showstopping decoration that also doubles as a gift! (Hostess with the Mostess)
7. Shark: Let’s face it- the best part of summer is Shark Week, so why not celebrate your bestie with a shark theme shower! We’re talking cute, baby sharks here, not Jaws ;) (Happy Wish Company)
8. Sunshine: We’ll admit, we love sunshine theme showers all year round, but they are especially fitting in the summer once the weather has decided to warm up! For a summer sunshine shower, we love the idea of adding in a pop of color, like mint, to the classic gray and yellow color scheme. (Décor Advice by the Slice)
Do you have a favorite summer theme shower? Tell us in the comments!