2019 is the year to get creative with baby shower themes! If your bestie isn’t into rubber ducks and pastel colors, you’ll want to stick around. We have gathered 12 new and unique theme ideas that will have you dubbed hostess of the year by all the shower guests.
1. Sloth Theme: Move over llamas, there’s a new animal in town! 2019 will be the year of this, sleepy, slow AND adorable mammal!
2. Greenery Theme: If the mama-to-be wants a neutral theme shower that isn’t all rubber ducks and bunnies, greenery is the way to go. It’s simple, modern and beyond beautiful.
(via 100 Layer Cakelet)
3. Mountain Theme: We’re narrowing down the adventure theme this year to a more basic, and simple theme of just mountains. We love that it can be adapted for any gender!
(via Pop of Gold)
4. Rustic Farmhouse Theme: Joanna Gaines is making her influence on baby showers and we’re not mad about it! We’re seeing farmhouse elements like shiplap, galvanized metal and fiddle leaves used as neutral shower décor and we couldn’t love it more.
(via Baby Blossom Company)
5. Watercolor Floral Theme: Flowers are ALWAYS popular for showers in our book, but this year we are seeing watercolor blooms everywhere! Add floral hoop wreaths to the shower décor that can be used in the baby's nursery.
(via Inspired by This)
6. Coral Theme: Coral is the Pantone color of the year, so it’s no surprise that we will see this punchy color incorporated into more showers this year. Coral can be mixed with so many different accent colors depending on the mama’s preferences. We love how Inspired by This paired it with light pink, orange, yellow, cream and greenery.
7. Rainbow Theme: Rainbow babies are so very special. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate then with a shower that honors the new family’s journey.
(via Inspired by This)
8. Southwestern Theme: Cacti + dreamcatchers + teepees = the perfect southwestern theme shower. We love the idea of throwing in a little orange or teal for a pop of color.
9. Palm Leaves Theme: What can be better than a palm leaf shower for the tropical loving mama. Keep the theme neutral and simple by using all white and gold as an accent to the leaves. Our favorite decoration idea is an all white balloon garland (SUPER easy to make!) with faux palm leaves tucked in between the balloons.
(via Twinkle Twinkle Little Party)
10. Citrus Theme: Celebrate the little cutie on the way with a baby shower that is all about tasty citrus! Lemons, clementine, grapefruit, orange are all game for this colorful, fun shower theme.
We can't wait to see these adorable themes in our diaper cake and baby bouquet order queue this year! Send us a note and we'd love to chat about how we can help create the perfect décor for your shower.
Our full Baby Blossom line is always available to shop for all of your baby gifting needs. Weather you want to send a small gift to your BFF who just announced her pregnancy or you need a bouquet to bring the hospital to meet your first niece, we have you covered in just a few clicks. Pick out your favorite gift from our line and we'll take care of the rest!
Danielle & Cindy